As you read this, I’m probably at the new location, waiting for the movers, the telephone company, and the cable company to show up. That means’ not much posting today, if at all. I may have internet access when all is said and done today, even if it’s only dial-up. And then I’ll probably only get online once Parker has gone to bed and we’ve managed to get our own bedroom in reasonable order.
Of course, that also means that some major political story will break, and I’ll otherwise occupied (probably better off that way too).
But so that I don’t leave the blog without a new post for anyone who happens to stop by, here are the answers to the music meme post earlier this week.
- “Oh, something’s got me so excited, baby …” – All Night Long by the Mary Jane Girls
- “See reflections on the water, more than darkness in the depths …” – Goldeneye by Tina Turner
- “Skip the light fandango, turn cartwheels cross the floor …” – Whiter Shade of Pale by Annie Lennox
- “Somewhere there’s a child a’ crying …” – Azanian Freedom Song by Sweet Honey in the Rock
- “I seen ya ’round for a long long time, I remembered ya when ya drank my wine …” – Why Can’t We Be Friends? by War
- “There she goes talkin’ all her mess, all around town causin’ distress …” – Girlfight by Brooke Valentine
- “When I’m feeling lonely, someone telephone me …”
- “Learn to love me, assemble the ways …” – Shoplifters of the World by The Smiths
- “But if only you could see them, you would know them by their faces …”
- “Met my old lover in the grocery store …” – Auld Lang Syne by Dan Fogelberg
- “Life is a mystery, everyone must stand alone …” – Like a Prayer by Madonna
- “Don’t know why there’s no sun up in the sky …” – Stormy Weather by Lena Horne
- “On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair …” – Hotel California by the Eagles
- “High time we made a stand and shook up the views of the common man …” – Sowing the Seeds of Love by Tears for Fears
- “It’s been seven hours and fifteen days, since you took your love away …” – Nothing Compares to You by Jimmy Scott
- “Everybody’s looking for a reason, making time and calling it love …”
- “Working all day, 9 to 5 for my money …” – Wild Thing by Tone Loc
- “I can remember stories, those things my mother said …” Fairy Tales by Anita Baker
- “He tends to get carried away, like a talkshow he’s got drama every day …” – Boo by Macy Gray
- “You walked in on the sly, scoping for love …” Who’s Zoomin’ Who by Aretha Franklin
And, yes, there are a few I can’t remember because I didn’t write them down. Any guesses out there?