New to the blogroll are:
- Crablaw Maryland Weekly (Whose comments I’ve noticed on some of my DKos diaries)
- Free State Politics
- Maryland Politics Watch (Which I’ve been reading for a couple of weeks)
- MoCo Politics (For the local flavor)
- MoCo Progressive (More local flavor)
- Outside the Beltway
- Vigilance (Keeping the religious right from running my kids’ future school system, via TeachTheFacts.Org)
That’s a start, but I’m sure there’ll be more. I don’t know that I’m morphing into a state-focused blogger, since there will always be some broad national issues that are big concerns for me, but it is my back yard and it is an opportunity to learn about issues beyond the usual set I focus on. I’ve had a chance to meet some candidates, including the Democratic Senate nominee for my district (who’s already getting hate mail) and House of Delegates candidate I spent some time talking with. We put up yard signs for both, and both won their primaries.
And with a Republican governor and a Republican U.S. Senate candidate to defeat, I think it’s going to take a bit more than yard signs. So maybe it’s time to see what I can also do to help out closer to home.