1. How tall are you barefoot?
2. Have you ever smoked heroin?
3. Do you own a gun?
4. Who’s your best friend?
Honestly? My husband.
5. Do you get nervous before meeting the parents?
No. By my second visit to the hubby’s parents, along with Parker, he mom turned to me at one point and said “I’m glad you’re in his life. Because you’re a good person, and he’s a good person, and you deserve to be happy.”
6. What music are you embarrassed to admit that you listen to?
Do you think I’d honestly admit it here? There’s probably a whole bunch of stuff on my 70s playlist that I’d probably rather not anyone know I listen to. Like “Afternoon Delight.”
7. Whats your favorite Christmas song?
It’s a toss-up between “The Christmas Song” (one of Parker’s favorite requests from me) or “Lo, How a Rose”
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
9. Can you do push-ups?
Yes. But I choose not to.
10. Why does one question always disappear?
Happens to me too.
11. Whats your favorite piece of jewelry?
I don’t own any except for my wedding ring, which I’m never without. So I guess it would have to be that. The other is a blue and gold necklace I made with a pendant of my Zodiac sign.
12. Do you like painkillers?
I don’t like pain, so yes. Don’t know that I have a favorite, but Goody’s does the job on my carpal tunnel when it flares up.
13. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?
If I have one, I don’t know what it is or how to use it. Women have definitely been attracted to me, but I’ve never been sure what their reasons were. And since I’m not attracted to women, I haven’t worried much about it.
14. Do you own a knife?
Yeah. The kind you use for cooking.
16. Middle Name?
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment?
a) How late am I going to have to stay up tonight to write the stuff I’ve been thinking about writing all day, and how much of it will I actually get written.
b) I’d really like to get more sleep.
c) I don’t believe that I can do everything I’m supposed to do when I supposed to do it and still have time to do the things I want to do that aren’t things I have to do.
18. Name the last 3 things you have bought:
A CD. An Alarm clock. A DVD.
19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink:
Tea. Diet Coke. Soy milk.
20. What time did you wake up today?
21. Current worry?
Getting all of my work done, being the best husband and father I can be, and still finding time for myself. I’m not sure I can do it all.
22. Current hate?
Not having enough time. That and sitting in meetings. My short attention span means I get bored after 30 minutes, and am ready to bolt soon after. If I can’t check out physically, then I check out mentally because I end up sitting there thinking about all of the things I could be doing or would rather be doing.
23. Favourite place to be?
Home, in bed.
24. Least favorite place to be?
25. Where would you like to go?
I’d like to spend a month just traveling. Paris, London, and Rome would be good. And maybe a stop in Egypt, to see the pyramids.
26. Do you own slippers?
27. What shirt are you wearing?
A red polo shirt.
28. Do you burn or tan?
I don’t know if I’d call it tanning, but I do get darker if I stay in the sun long enough, and I’ll burn too.
29. Favorite colour(s)?
Green. Khaki. Burgundy.
30. Would you be a pirate?
Nope. Not a good swimmer.
31. Last time you had an alcoholic drink?
July 12, 1992
32. What songs do you sing in the shower?
Usually jazz standards. Porter, Ellington, Gershwin, Mercer, etc. If I’m feeling in particularly good form, I might tackle Sondheim.
33. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?
I use to think Frankenstein or Dracula was hiding in my closet at night.
34. What’s in your pockets right now?
Wallet, about $0.65 in change, a pen, a 2 GB flash drive, chapstick, contact rewetting drops, keys.
35. Last thing that made you laugh?
Watching my son play with his cars yesterday, and joking with him before bedtime.
36. Best bed sheets you had as a child?
Star Wars sheets, with Luke Skywalker and Hans Solo on them. I guess I wanted to sleep with them even then.
37. Worst injury you’ve ever had?
Very fortunate. I’ve never had a serious injury. Never had a broken bone, etc. Worst? Strained some ligaments in my right knee once.
38. How many TVs do you have in your house?
39. Who is your loudest friend?
Gosh. Don’t know.
40. Who is your most silent friend?
Again. Don’t know.
41. Does someone have a crush on you?
I don’t think so. And given my ADD, I wouldn’t necessarily pick up on the cues.
42. Do you wish on shooting stars?
43. What is your favorite book?
I’ve read so many, it’s hard to choose. If I absolutely had to choose? I’d probably pick The Temple of My Familiar by Alice Walker
44. What is your favorite candy?
Jelly Bellies. After that, butterscotch.
45. What song do you want played at your wedding?
Two songs have been on m list for a long time, both from Broadway. I’d like to walk down the aisle to an instrumental of “One Hand, One Heart” from West Side Story, and at some point would also like “There But for You Go I” from Brigadoon played.
46. What song do you want played at your funeral?
I’ve actually answered that before. The top two would be “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” and “Imagine.” And absolutely no gospel or other religious music.
47. What were you doing at 12 AM last night?
Researching a blog post and writing another post.
48. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning?
How much I had to get done today and how little time I’d have to write most of what I want to write.