Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about, for July 10th through July 14th:
- Shakesville: Looking Over My Shoulder – The whole “How does a smart women get mixed up with such creeps?” is indicative of ignorance on what DV actually is. The discussion about DV and what it does to victims needs to continue and, in some cases, get louder.
- Gay Tolerant vs. Gay Accepting « And this… is how AnJ ticks. – What’s the difference between gay tolerant and gay accepting?Being gay tolerant means allowing the existence of gay people and their gender preferences without hindrance.
Gay accepting means receiving the gay person’s gender preference with respect.
- Box Turtle Bulletin » Connerly Speaks Up for Gay Marriage – If you’re going to give benefits to people who happen to be straight, give the same benefits to people who are gay. That to me was a very easy call.
- ACLU Blog: Because Freedom Can’t Blog Itself: Official Blog of the American Civil Liberties Union » Southern Exposure: Fighting for LGBT Rights in the Deep South – What could be more rewarding than fighting for LGBT civil rights in an area of the country where there’ so much to be done?
- Barr’s Half-Hearted, Half-Truthful DOMA “Repudiation” – There are (at least) two major problems with Barr’s rationalization for his despicable actions in authoring DOMA
- Guns Don’t Make Homes Safer – Violence in the home is more likely to be committed by one family member against another — husband against wife or a parent against a child — than by a stranger breaking and entering.
- Gun-toters in La-La Land — In These Times – The conservative answer to America’s crime plague is to put more guns on the streets. If that’s not counterintuitive, I don’t know what is.