Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about, for July 14th from 09:37 to 15:21:
- Pharyngula: Mail dump – I'm posting without comment the worst of today's crop of email threats. Formatting will be little wacky since it is just a raw dump of the mail with headers.
- Pharyngula: I get email — special cracker edition! – You asked for it, I deliver. Here's a good chunk of the opposition email that I've received in the last two days; not quite all of it, though, since I got bored and a lot of it has just been going straight into the trash.
- Pharyngula: Can this possibly get more insane? – The Catholic League has issued another press release. In addition to disparaging the theory of evolution as the "King Kong Theory of Creation" he accuses me and my ilk (that's you, fair readers) of hysteria while making this hysterical declaration:
- Pharyngula: Fight back against Bill Donohue! – So far today, I have received 39 pieces of personal hate mail of varying degrees of literacy, all because I was rude to a cracker. Four of them have included death threats, a personal one day record.
- Pharyngula: Now I’ve got Bill Donohue’s attention – The Catholic League is preparing a stake for me. They're going to go straight for the jugular and threaten my job — notice how they repeat that you can access my post from my faculty page, nicely avoiding the fact that the post they find so offensive is not hosted on any university server. Extortionists and witch hunters, that's all these scumbags are.
- Naomi Wolf: Sex Crimes in the White House – The sexualization of torture from the top basically turned Abu Ghraib and Guantánamo Bay into an organized sex-crime ring in which the trafficked sex slaves were US-held prisoners. Looking at the classic S and M nature of some of this torture, it is hard not to speculate that someone setting policy was aroused by all of this.
- Jason Nazar’s Blog » Blog Archive » How the 7 Deadly Sins Could Lead the United States into a Depression, not Recession. – There are some undeniable facts and historical trends that seriously indicate the economy is in much worse shape than most “experts” would have anyone believe. On top of that, throw in a dose of religious mythology and doom-saying, and we have the makings of how the seven deadly sins could lead the United States into a depression, not recession.
- God and my Sister « Greg’s Big Gay Weblog – My sister stopped me in my tracks one morning and asked me if I was gay. She promised me that nothing would happen to me if I told the truth, and I knew at that very moment that my life had come to a crossroads.
- Benefits Of Vegetarianism: Vegetarians Live Longer – Green on The Huffington Post – Are humans designed/evolved to eat everything and at risk of malnutrition as vegetarians? Or is vegetarianism the healthy and ethical choice? The study's shocking results: vegetarian men reduced their risk of early death by 50%! Women vegetarians benefit from a 30% reduction in mortality.