- Box Turtle Bulletin » The Scapegoating of Brandon McInerney – I know this is a controversial, but I see no purpose this ruling serves. There has already been one tragedy — Larry’s life is over — and there will soon be another. What this court and district attorney is doing setting the stage for a 14-year-old with no prior record to spend the next 50 years in prison. If this path reaches its logical conclusion, two lives will be over. Do we really think that solves anything?
- Broken Record: Four Mistakes That Killed the Record Indstry Before File Sharing – In each critical moment, record labels had the opportunity to think ahead and look beyond their immediate revenue streams. Like many large corporations, they were unable to do so. As a result, they forgot that music is about people and they continue to ignore that fact at their own peril.
- Box Turtle Bulletin » Thanks, Ducky – I always thought of Ducky as “Ducky”, so when reading an article in 2004 about some woman named Kate it took me a while to recognize the name. But when I read that Kate looked to her best friends, a gay couple named Chris and Rich, as a model for how a marriage should work, memories came rushing back.
- AskMen.com – Man in Speedo – Who would've thought that a tiny contraption that fits snugly around a man's jewels could become the subject of such intense debate?
- Independent Bloggers’ Alliance: Black History: The First Klan – As W.E.B. DuBois noted, "It is always difficult to stop war, and doubly difficult to stop civil war… In the case of civil war, where the contending parties must rest face to face after peace, there can be no quick and perfect peace." As reported by Mississippi Governor Sharkey in 1866, disorder, lack of control and lawlessness were widespread; in some states armed bands of Confederate soldiers roamed at will. Southerners seemed to take out on blacks all their wrath at the Federal government. They casually attacked and killed blacks whose bodies were left on the roads.