- Rev. Al Sharpton: Prior to Inauguration and MLK Day, Let’s Nullify All Talk of Nullification – We see vitriolic actions and brazen language by some elected officials simply because the president has lawfully decided to put the well-being and safety of Americans before politics. Dr. King had warned of a governor whose lips drip with the words of 'interposition and nullification.' In 2013, looks like we need to heed his warnings yet again.
- Why Obama’s 2nd Term Should Be All About Taking on MLK’s Anti-Poverty Crusade | Alternet – Tavis Smiley offers a roadmap for Obama… to follow in Martin Luther King's footsteps
- Reliving the Summer of Teh Crazy | TPM Editors Blog – Back in the summer of 2009 we had the first glimmer of the coming politics of the Obama era in the raucus and whackadoodle townhall meetings when Tea Partiers, occasionally bearing assault weapons, turned out to fight the onslaught of health care reform. And I’m starting to think that we’re heading toward something similar with guns (and possibly, though we haven’t gotten to it yet, over immigration reform).
- Daily Kos: Gun safety measures supported by public, NRA still denying reality – The latest New York Times/CBS News poll shows almost unheard of levels of support for the general background checks for gun purchasers as included in President Obama's executive orders (those orders are here).
- Gun Poll: Background Checks Supported By 92% Of Americans – Universal background checks on gun buyers are favored by 92 percent of Americans, according to a CBS News/New York Times poll released Thursday.
- Republicans Rigging the 2016 Election – Lawyers, Guns & Money : Lawyers, Guns & Money – Why this story isn’t getting more attention, I don’t know. But Republicans are openly seeking to rig the 2016 elections. RNC Chair Reince Priebus is encouraging Republicans who control the government in Democratic-leaning states–PA, OH, WI, MI especially–to overhaul their electoral systems and end winner-take-all distribution of electoral votes.