Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about, for January 25th from 09:18 to 09:55:
- The Top 10 Reasons Rand Paul should never start a sentence, ‘Had I been president …’ – The Top 10 Reasons Rand Paul should never start a sentence, "Had I been president…"
- Republicans are asking the wrong questions – Republicans wanted nothing more than to summon Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to Capitol Hill and grill her about the tragic fiasco in Benghazi. Sadly for them, they got their wish.
- Democrats introduce Paycheck Fairness Act. Again. – Congressional Democrats are taking another run at that equal pay thing Republicans keep blocking. Sen. Barbara Mikulski of Maryland and Rep. Rosa DeLauro of Connecticut are reintroducing the Paycheck Fairness Act, which closes loopholes in the Equal Pay Act of 1963, putting a stronger requirement on employers to show that pay differences are due to something other than gender and prohibiting bosses from retaliating against workers who share wage information, among other things. Announcing the bill's reintroduction.
- Robert Reich (How To Avoid Raising Taxes on the Middle Class or Cutting Programs the Middle and Poor Depend On) – The forthcoming National Geographic series "Are You Tougher than a Boy Scout?" is generating a lot of heat in the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) blogosphere even though it won't debut until March
- Boy Scout Reality Series Deemed Anti-Gay ‘Marketing Ploy’ By LGBT Activists – The forthcoming National Geographic series "Are You Tougher than a Boy Scout?" is generating a lot of heat in the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) blogosphere even though it won't debut until March
- Crazy — Republican Lawmaker Wants to Jail Rape Victims for Ending Pregnancies – Apparently it took a female Republican to come up with the most vicious way to punish women who had the audacity to get themselves raped.
- Op-Ed Columnist: Deficit Hawks Down – President Obama barely mentioned the budget deficit in his Inaugural Address, and that’s a very good thing.
- Opinionator: The Tomorrow Majority – The country isn't more liberal — but the center has moved, and Republicans have not.