- The Sequester Is a Republican-Inflicted Wound | TIME.com – The origin of this mess is absolutely clear. It was created by the Budget Control Act of 2011, the ransom Republican leaders received for agreeing to let the U.S. government pay its bills.
- Obama’s chance to expose conservatism – Salon.com – After Californians experienced awful budget cuts last year, they demanded higher taxes. Obama should take heed
- The NRA’s War on America | Consortiumnews – The NRA’s rejection of virtually all gun-safety proposals is not only a repudiation of common sense but a bare-knuckle assertion of right-wing power, money and propaganda over the desire of most Americans to better protect themselves and their kids from guns. It will take a determined electorate to prevail, says Beverly Bandler.
- The NRA’s flip flop on African Americans – Salon.com – The one time NRA wanted gun control was when Black Panthers took up arms. Now it wants black support
- Daily Kos: Romneys give Fox ‘News’ interview to remind us why we’re all glad they’re not in the White House – Thank whatever deity you pray to, or none at all, that these wretched people are nowhere near the White House.