Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about, for May 8th from 15:43 to 16:02:
- Contrary to popular belief, President Obama doesn’t have a magic wand | Michael Cohen – GOP opposition to everything Obama supports is the most important story of the last four years of American politics
- The Sad Lesson of Charles Ramsey: We Still Love to Laugh at Black People – No matter how heartbreaking the story, we still love to laugh at black people.
- Senate’s Amendments on Same Sex Couples Draws Battle Lines in Immigration Reform – The battle lines in the congressional immigration reform debate were drawn more firmly yesterday when members of the Senate Judiciary Committee filed well over 300 amendments. The committee will begin discussing the amendments tomorrow starting what's likely to be several weeks of debate and voting on the bi-partisan comprehensive immigration reform legislation.
- Dear College Graduates… – Congratulations and good luck, Class of ’13. You’ll need it.
- NRA Convention Sells “Ex-Girlfriend” Target That Bleeds When You Shoot It – It's every bit as disgusting as it sounds.