- Bring on the Daddy Wars – Good news, dads who co-parent and take responsibility for your children's schedules: Your co-workers are annoyed at you. I’m being sarcastic, of course, but in a way it is good news that in 2013 there are enough of us dads who bend the timetables of the office to fit our family lives, and not vice-versa, for people to notice. In fact, according to Marc Tracy at the New Republic, we are finally on the verge of the “Daddy Wars”—a time when issues of work/family balance for fathers will finally come to the fore, when dads will start having the kinds of debates with one another and themselves that moms have been having for decades. And thank God for that.
- Greek PM offers to partially reinstate state TV after uproar –
- Survey Sheds Light On LGBT Views Of Religion – Surveys have repeatedly shown that religious objections are the most popular reason people cite when they say being gay is immoral or that they don't support legalizing same-sex marriage. But what do gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people think about religion?
- My father called: Gays, marriage and the evolving black perspective – My father called me last week following the two days of U.S. Supreme Court testimony. He was upset with Justice Roberts for suggesting that perhaps the federal government had no role in this marriage business. “They know what they need to do,” my father said, “because they did it before.”
- Comedians W. Kamau Bell, Chris Rock go in on George Zimmerman – “But if there’s any god in heaven, and I’m pretty sure there isn’t, here’s who would be deciding Zimmerman’s fate: Chuck D, Angela Davis, the ghost of Malcolm X, fat Al Sharpton, angry Bill Cosby, Ice Cube … no no no, before, “Are we there yet?” Ice Cube … Samuel L. Jackson from Pulp Fiction, Samuel L. Jackson from Snakes on a Plane, Samuel L. Jackson from Jackie Brown,” and foreman of the jury, regular old Samuel L. Jackson….” As he spoke, pictures of his would-be “jurors” appeared onscreen.
- Six Horrifying Things About Pork Everyone Should Know – The US hog industry has managed to eliminate all wholesomeness, purity, ethics and animal welfare without China's help. Here are some of its worst features.