Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about, for July 15th through July 26th:
- WATCH: Words of Advice from LGBT Parents – A new website of videos is a resource for LGBT parents while helping straight parents learn how to support their LGBT kids.
- Why the Zimmerman Jury Failed Us – America is racist at its core. I used to doubt this simplistic claim. Today I cannot. The murder of Trayvon Martin demands total, simple, honesty. A jury in Florida failed us.
- Trayvon Martin Verdict: Don’t Tell Black People Not to “Riot” – My rage at the verdict is made all the more sure by those who are “encouraging” Black people not to “riot," as though it's Black people who need to be reminded of the rules.
- Zimmerman Verdict Declares Open Season on Black Boys – Calls for calm after George Zimmerman was acquitted of murdering Trayvon Martin are empty words for black families.
- How Do I Explain Martin Verdict to My Kids? – I will tell my son to be encouraged that a black man is the president of the United States, but also know and understand that the murder of a young black man still can't get justice.