Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about, for July 26th from 12:01 to 12:31:
- Want to succeed? Be lucky – According to a recent speech by Alan Krueger, departing chairman of Barack Obama's Council of Economic Advisors, as cited in The Economist, “The lucky and the talented – and it is often hard to tell the difference – have been doing better and better, while the vast majority has struggled to keep up.”
- Op-Ed Contributor: Come See Detroit, America’s Futures –
- Detroit’s decline is a distinctively capitalist failure | Richard Wolff – The auto industry Big Three were loyal only to shareholders, not the people of Detroit. The city was gutted by that social choice
- A Justice for Trayvon Toolkit for White Allies –
- Standing Our Ground – America should take stock of where the power structures are leading us and how they play on our fears to feed their fortunes.
- America Is a Place Where Doctors Need Bullet Proof Vests to Protect Themselves from Christian Fundamentalists – So much for having a national conversation about race.
- Move Over Climate Deniers, Here Come Racism Deniers – So much for having a national conversation about race.
- Quoted: White people believe the justice system is color blind. Black people really don’t. –