- Eric Holder Moves to End War on Drugs – See how he frankly discussed racial disparities and the school-to-prison pipeline.
- Op-Ed Columnist: Tackling the Roots of Rape – An academic who advises the armed services says that certain cultural dynamics, magnified in the military, explain and abet sexual violence
- Editorial: The Government as a Low-Wage Employer – President Obama should sign an executive order to raise the pay of millions of poorly paid employees of government contractors.
- Editorial: Racial Discrimination in Stop-and-Frisk – A federal court rejects unconstitutional overreach by the Bloomberg administration.
- State Targets Racist Language In Its Constitution – A state panel has proposed striking segregationist language from Alabama's 1901 constitution that mandates separate schools for "white and colored children
- Jobs, Jobs, Jobs. Please. – Just fix the country’s crumbling infrastructure, and there’s millions of jobs right there. JOBS! This is work that has to be done anyway, we are behind on it, and people need the jobs. Bridges are falling down. Literally falling down. Many of our ports and airports are out of date. Don’t even talk about our country’s rail transportation – I just got back from England. And public transit? What public transit would you be talking about
- Robert Scheer: Pardon Edward Snowden – How do you justify criminally charging a government contractor for revealing an alarming truth that the public has every right to know? That is the contradiction raised by President Obama now that he has, in effect, acknowledged that Edward Snowden was an indispensable whistle-blower who significantly raised public awareness about a government threat to our freedom.
- Fox Revives Myth That “Stop-And-Frisk” Reduced Violent Crime After Law Ruled Unconstitutional –