Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about, for September 30th from 13:59 to 14:08:
- How To Win Every Obamacare Argument: A Guide From The Experts – WASHINGTON — In his Friday op-ed in The New York Times, titled "My State Needs Obamacare, Now," Kentucky's Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear said he had a simple message for Republicans who don't like the law: "Get over it."
- The frauds on the Hill target Obama – Simon says Obama can't extend hand to those who won't unclench fists.
- Poll: Most will get health insurance – Two-thirds of uninsured Americans say they will get insurance once the Obamacare mandate kicks in.
- When You Are On Fire…. – It must be difficult to be a Democratic Member of Congress right now. You are perpetually on call to put out a fire your Republican colleagues are determined to set, but they can't make up their minds whether to burn down the house or the whole neighborhood.
- Congressional Republicans Violate Oath of Office – By threatening a government shutdown and default, Republicans in Congress are saying they will not perform the job given Congress in the Constitution. They're just not going to do it, oath or no oath.
- Obamacare Isn’t Communism, And 13 Other Questions Answered – Like most Americans, you've probably heard of "Obamacare," but you're not exactly sure what it is. According to your uncle's Facebook posts, it sounds pretty scary, like maybe it's going to turn America into a Kenyan Soviet Union or something. Well, good news: Obamacare is probably not going to do that! What a relief, huh? What other mysteries about the new health-care law can we clear up for you? Huffington Post health care reporter Jeffrey Young has 14 answers, for starters: