- Meet Your Taxpayer-Subsidized Farm Bill Billionaires! – Surely, these subsidies are helping to keep an important way of life alive for the True Sons of Soil and Toil … like, say, multi-billionaire Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen.
- 8 Brands With Religious Affiliations (Who Knew?!) – Would you like a Bible verse with those fries? Check out these popular U.S. companies that incorporate their beliefs into their businesses.
- What Some Kids Do Because They’re Hungry … I Have No Words – Yeah, it's a show for kids; I get that. But some issues are such that you need an explanation made for kids to see how basic the problem is. Because if a kid can understand, can't we do something about it?
- Conservative Group Tries To Bribe Young People To Stay Uninsured With Beer | The Raw Story – As reported by Scott Kaufman here at Raw Story, Generation Opportunity, the Koch-funded anti-Obamacare group, had a tailgate party at the University of Miami where they bribed kids with beer and then tried to talk them out of signing up for health insurance.
- The Tea Party is losing support — even among conservative Republicans | The Raw Story – It was just three years ago that the Tea Party was flying high. Riding a wave of anti-establishment and anti-Obama anger, Tea Party candidates knocked off Democrats and Republicans alike. Three years later, the Tea Party’s light seems to have faded.
- How Are The Rich Getting Richer? The More They Make, The Lower Income Tax Rates They Pay – Recently, comedian Russell Brand gave an interview with Jeremy Paxman of BBC's NewsNight which earned him the respect of many liberal-minded individuals. In 10 minutes he summed up many of the largest problems with politics today, from the influence of money in politics to global warming, and even to the wealth gap.
But regardless of how articulate his summation was, and regardless of how much I enjoy his comedy, Brand is not a part of the solution; in fact it's quite the opposite.