- The gender wage gap: Made worse by the gender housework and childcare gap – This isn't surprising news, or even particularly new news, but it bears repeating since large swaths of the American public seem to be unconvinced that the gender wage gap is shaped by cultural influences beyond women's apparent innate desire to work less and in different fields than men.
- No One Is Talking About These Obamacare Stories – Last summer Ellen Holzman and Meredith Vezina, a married gay couple in San Diego County, got kicked off their long-term Kaiser health plan, for which they'd been paying more than $1,300 a month.
- Effective Corporate Tax Rates – Tax reform is needed to end the practice of many American corporations of stashing cash abroad, an economist writes.
- How the corporate Grinch stole Thanksgiving! – To the chagrin of some employees — and political, labor and religious allies – major retailers will kick off Black Friday even earlier this week on Thursday, compelling workers to face down throngs of shoppers rather than sharing the holiday with their families.
- Talking Turkey: How to Talk Jobs and Economy with Your Conservative Uncle at the Thanksgiving Table – You know you aren't supposed to do it. But you know you're going to. Talk about politics over the holidays. It's hard to avoid it and you know your uncle who worships Rush Limbaugh and runs Fox News 24/7 is going to be armed with conservative talking points. Here's your handy guide to quick responses and facts use when you hear those talking points about issues important to working families.
- A list of the weapons retrieved from George Zimmerman’s home – A Florida judge last week ordered George Zimmerman to surrender his weapons while under investigation for domestic violence. Local law enforcement searched Zimmerman's home, and on Monday filed court documents on the search.
- Nearly 9 of 10 Low-Wage Workers Fear They Can’t Make Ends Meet – Judging by the records being set on Wall Street and steady reports by corporations of high profits and hoarded cash, you’d think the economy was doing well. Yet a new poll reports that six of every 10 American workers fear getting fired or laid off, the highest measured level of job anxiety since the 1970s. Welcome to the new America.
- Leonard Pitts Jr.: Trayvon Martin or George Zimmerman — who’s the real thug? – With George Zimmerman out on bail last week after his latest run-in with police, it seems an opportune time to discuss the second killing of Trayvon Martin.