- Driving While Black – “Stop and frisk” isn’t just a reality in New York City. New data shows how police target African Americans on highways across America.
- 5 ways the Christian right is twisting religion to push conservative dogma – Salon.com – Here are the various ways Christian right leaders glaze over the Jesus of the Bible and push their followers to worship one who looks a little more like a Nazarene Ayn Rand.
- Phil Robertson’s America – I am sure Robertson did see plenty of black people who were singing and happy. And I am also sure that very few black people approached Robertson to complain about "doggone white people." I have some idea why:
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ disaster: Happy cotton pickers? – A white man from rural Louisiana is deeply religious, believes being homosexual is a sin and thinks black people were much happier pre-Civil Rights era.
- The Grinches Who Stole Jobless Benefits – While the week before Christmas is a time when most Americans begin to pay less attention to the outside world in order to focus on friends and family, 1.3 million people will find that nearly impossible. That' s the number of the longterm unemployed–individuals who've been jobless for more than 6 and a half months—whose unemployment benefits will expire just days after Christmas. The longterm unemployed are disproportionately people of color.
- Poll: The GOP’s Nazi fixation – North Carolina state Senator Bob Rucho called the ACA worse than the Nazis, what's with the GOP's Nazi fixation?