- Why Republicans Protect the ‘Honor’ of Offensive Team Names – Conservatives have a convenient belief that when it comes to racism, it's all about intent.
- Christie: A Bully’s Bully – Oh, how we love those Republican “straight-shooters.”
- Cuban Students Arrive To Study In Miami College For First Time In 5 Decades – The Heritage Foundation is pushing a "bipartisan" bill that would require the federal government to respect state laws on gay marriage.
- Christie appeared with official tied to bridge scandal during traffic snarl – According to a Tuesday report from the Wall Street Journal, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie made a public appearance in early September with the Port Authority official who ordered the creation of a major traffic jam in Fort Lee.
- Ignore the Republicans: Obamacare Is Doing Fine – I've been writing a bit less lately about Obamacare, and there's a reason for that: It's a done deal. It's not going to be repealed; the website woes have mostly been fixed; and we're now at a point where we're simply not going to know how it works out until it's been up and running for a while. Obsessing over every interim report and every Republican screamfest doesn't make much sense. We just have to wait and see.
- How to Sue Over the Christie Bridge Scandal and Win – As New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie tries to recover from the fallout for his administration’s participation in the vindictive decision to close lanes and snarl traffic on the George Washington Bridge for five days, he will get no help from lawsuits brought by angry citizens stuck in the mess. The first suit has already dropped. These claims will surely breed others. They could keep the story alive for years. And they could even result, unusually, in personal liability for the officials involved, including, perhaps, the governor himself.
- Conservatives can sure dish it out … – I'm just putting this up here for posterity so I can easily find it the next time some right wing jackass gets his shorts in a wad about how the South gets no respect.
- Jailing of an Alabama blogger: It’s worse than we thought – On Monday I highlighted the case of Roger Shuler, an Alabama blogger currently being under indefinite detention in a state prison for contempt charges after refusing to remove items from his blog in adherence to an injunction ruling. His detention is a striking abrogation of First Amendment protections.
- Christie Says, “I Am Not a Bully.” Here Are 8 Videos of Him Yelling, Name-Calling, and Belittling People. – Here are 8 videos of Christie yelling, belittling people, and name-calling—and most of the clips are promoted by Christie himself on his popular YouTube page: