- Survey: Tolerance for gays, lesbians rises rapidly – Support among Americans has jumped 21% in ten years.
- U.S. hate groups declining – Far-right extremist groups had been on the rise, particularly in reaction to President Obama's election in 2008 and the financial crisis around the same time. But now, hate group prevalence is taking a downward turn, according to a report released Tuesday.
- White House Meeting Turns Into a Lightning Round for Obama and Boehner – President Obama and Speaker John A. Boehner met to discuss a long list of issues, and aides to both men called the rare meeting constructive, but offered no evidence that gridlock is over.
- Arizona Swims against the Tide of Growing Equality – Once again, Arizona is on the brink of taking a giant leap backward. This time it’s picking the wrong side in the fight for LGBT equality.
- The Way Forward: Tax and Spend – President Barack Obama has signaled that he’s had it with all that talk about America being broke and the belt-tightening austerity measures that went along with it. His proposed budget for the 2015 fiscal year will reflect this reality.
You know what he should try? A tax-and–spend strategy.
- Texas Gay Marriage Ban Ruled Unconstitutional By Federal Judge – U.S. District Judge Orlando Garcia ruled Wednesday that Texas' ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional, the Houston Chronicle and the Dallas Morning News report.
- I’m embarrassed by Ted Nugent – When did conservatives become prisoners to idiotic vulgarity? I ask that question as someone who self-defines as conservative and who is sick and tired of being embarrassed by Ted Nugent.
- Sorry haters, Jason Collins and Michael Sam coming out matters – Of all the irritating reactions to a public figure coming out, the most frustrating for me is, “If you wanna be gay, be gay, but stop telling us about it.”
People often make the mistake of assuming their opinion on a given issue applies to the majority. This is a self-involved way to look at things and unless you’re Mariah Carey, you don’t get to live on your private planet.
- Where Does the Tea Party Find These People? – Why is someone like Milton Wolf (tea partier and poster of photos of corpses) running for Senate in the first place?
- Okay-to-discriminate laws rocket to the top of the Republican agenda – Allowing businesses to refuse to serve gay customers for religious reasons appears to be the latest Republican legislative craze, sweeping the states.