Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about, for February 26th through March 3rd:
- Why Creative Geniuses Often Keep a Messy Desk – Steve Jobs, Albert Einstein, and Mark Twain. What is one thing these three visionaries have in common? They all had very messy workspaces.
- Matthew McConaughey Is Right: Science Does Prove the Value of Gratitude – A decade of research has defined gratitude as a social emotion that, while related to empathy, is nonetheless distinct from it. Feeling gratitude helps bind us to our groups and communities and enhances social relationships.
- Leonard Pitts Jr.: Welcome to the new normal – There could no better way to make the point than to follow the first African-American president with the first woman president. And who knows? Maybe the president after that will be gay – and a Republican.
- Sam: Lobbyist needs time machine – "Jack Burkman is going to need a DeLorean, not some bogus bill," he says.
- Decade sees big rise in US support for gay marriage – Support for gay marriage has seen dramatic gains in the United States over the past decade and now has the support of a majority of Americans, a study showed.