Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about, for March 19th from 13:44 to 13:59:
- Leonard Pitts Jr.: Who speaks for the voiceless? – We have these great debates over children who are not yet born. We have marches and shouting matches and legislative protections for children who are not yet born.
But what about the children who are already here? How is it they can groan in hunger, how is it they can be shaken to pieces, slammed into walls, mashed under car tires while those who should protect them do not, yet there are no marches, no demonstrations, no placards lifted or lawmakers making speeches?
- Guess What Creationists? There’s Major New Evidence the Big Bang Happened – Waves of gravity that rippled through space right after the Big Bang have been detected for the first time, in a landmark discovery that adds to our understanding of how the universe was born, US scientists said Monday.
- America’s Right-Wing Has Gone Gay Crazy – The madness has spread from the Christian Right’s talking heads to the leading lights of the Republican Party.
- America’s Poorest State to Spend Money Drug Testing Its Poorest Residents – Even though drug testing welfare recipients has proven costly and ineffective, GOP legislators continue being fired up about it.
- Meet Paul Ryan’s ‘Inner City Expert’ Who Claims Blacks and Latinos Have Lower IQs – Charles Murray says it's not racist to suggest that some ethnic groups are genetically inferior to others.