Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about, for April 8th from 13:37 to 13:58:
- Why Race Has Been The Real Story Of Obama’s Presidency All Along – A few weeks ago, the liberal comedian Bill Maher and conservative strategist and pundit Bill Kristol had a brief spat on Maher’s HBO show, putatively over what instigated the tea party but ultimately over the psychic wound that has divided red America and blue America in the Obama years.
- Gallup: The uninsured rate is lowest since 2008 – So now will Republicans say Gallup is cooking their books to show millions more people have gained health insurance because of Obamacare?
- The Ryan Budget: How I Spent My Weekend – Hypothetically, if you wanted to distill every form of right-wing economic lunacy into a 100-page document, then hypothetically, it would be the Ryan Budget. It's all in there, and I had to cuddle up with it this weekend.
- Cosmos Shows How to Do Equity – No, I’m not just talking about the fact that the new host, Neil deGrasse Tyson, is Black—although it is hugely important to have visible Black scientists as role models for people of all colors. I also love a line in the first episode, describing the initial encounter between Europeans and Native Americans: “For better or worse, the two halves of the world discovered each other.”
- WATCH: Melissa Harris-Perry Rebukes Mississippi Gov. – This Saturday, in the regular "Open Letter" segment of her MSNBC show Melissa Harris-Perry, MHP addressed Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant, rebuking him for signing a "right to discriminate" bill targeting the LGBT community.