- America’s dangerous education myth: Why it isn’t the best anti-poverty program – Here's what's behind the claim that education is the panacea to inequality — and why it has the answer all wrong.
- Michael Sam’s big gay kiss will never be forgotten. That was the whole point | Cyd Zeigler – Homophobes may have recoiled after the NFL's first openly gay player celebrated his draft pick with his boyfriend. But it was a message to everyone that everything has changed
- Life Cycles of Inequity: A Colorlines Series on Black Men – It's hard to imagine there's more to say about Trayvon Martin's death, but I continue to wonder about his life.
- John M. Crisp: So what do the rest of us do during the prayer? | Opinion | McClatchy DC – A Jew or Hindu or atheist who isn't comfortable standing and bowing his head while a minister exhorts the "congregation" about the salvation that can be found only in Jesus might wonder if his demurral undercuts his case before the town council.
Too bad, said the court's conservatives, winning the case, 5-4. Citizens who don't like the prayer can pretend to pray, play Candy Crush on their mobile devices, leave the room, or just not show up at all.
- Michael Sam Breaks the Gay Barrier in the NFL – It's nice that he will have the opportunity to make the roster of a team from the same state where he starred as a collegiate athlete, but few think he would have been drafted so low if he hadn't admitted to being gay.
- Michael Sam is the new normal – A single kiss rocked the world — and then steadied it