- “His murder did not stop us”: Meet the women keeping George Tiller’s legacy alive in Wichita – Five years after Tiller's assassination, his former clinic honors his memory by providing fearless care for Kansans.
- Gay Dad Sounds Off On Legislature Worried About Standardized Tests Making Kids Gay – I believe in the coming years scientists will find that homophobia, when it hits the brain, becomes a degenerative disorder that destroys all logic centers and renders its victim common-senseless.
- “The most horrible thing”: Richard Martinez on his slain son — and the NRA – The courageous father of UCSB shooting victim Christopher tells Salon about his tragic week — and the path forward.
- Gay rights opponents cut themselves off from cake, mail – The spite moves are getting ridiculous.
- NRA Issues Amazing Statement Admitting Bringing AR-15s To Chipotle Is Dumb – In a remarkably frank statement issued on Friday, the National Rifle Association said that gun activists in Texas had "crossed the line from enthusiasm to downright foolishness" with their demonstrations at fast food restaurants.
- Gay rights opponents cut themselves off from cake, mail – Salon.com – It used to be so much easier to be homophobic. You didn’t want gay people in your bakeries or on your birthday cards? No problem–not even an option. Now, however, the price of refusing to interact with gay people is getting a little steeper. It’s hard out there for a gay rights opponent determined to live in a hetero world.
- Leonard Pitts Jr.: Forced faith is not faith – How in the world does Sudan – or any nation or group – believe it can "require" faith? Can faith ever truly be faith if it is imposed by force of law or threat of violence? Is faith faith if it is not freely chosen? If someone swore at gunpoint that she loved you, would you believe her?
- Yes, All Men – NYTimes.com – Yes, we should all be feminists, but too often we believe that the plight of the oppressed is solely the business of the oppressed, and that the society in which that oppression is born and grows and the role of the oppressors and beneficiaries are all somehow subordinate