- Op-Ed Columnist: Guns and Mental Illness – Yes, the mental health system has problems. But the bigger issue is guns.
- Misogyny, Guns and Their Lethal Confluence – Unsurprisingly, men’s rights advocates learned nothing from the Isla Vista shooting.
- 5 ways massive inequality is paralyzing American society – Thomas Piketty argues that the antidote is a global wealth tax, but it may not go far enough
- Robert Reich: Income inequality is the civil rights struggle of our time – The former secretary of labor explains why we could be on the verge of a second Freedom Summer
- Gun nuts aim at each other! Inside NRA’s fight with open-carry lunatics – Open-carry enthusiasts are being called "strange," "scary" and "downright weird." And that's just by the NRA!
- The National Review’s disgraceful transphobia: Laverne Cox is not “delusional” – A deeply ignorant essay tries to frame the trans experience as unnatural
- Must-see morning clip: Fox says we need to accept mass murder – "The Daily Show" creates a "one-size fits all mass shooting coverage" kit for networks
- My nephew was killed in Isla Vista. Are you going to remember this time? | Alan Martinez – The night after my nephew, Chris, was murdered in Isla Vista, California, my family and I felt alone. Yes, we'd just crashed the sheriff's press conference and had the attention of plenty of reporters. But as I drove home with my brother, Richard, along with Chris's cousin and his girlfriend, I felt as if we'd poured our hearts into a black hole.