- Stop the Stereotypes and Give Black Dads their Due – Mia Birdsong says it’s time to elevate examples of engaged Black fathers in America and stamp out stereotypes
- Sorry, George W. Bush, but this whole mess is still your fault – GOP wants to pin Iraq on Barack Obama. Perhaps they need a simple refresher in the real history of the last decade
- What will Republicans say to Obama’s action against workplace discrimination? – Is Speaker John Boehner going to have anything to say about this one?
- Why I Believe in Gun Control – I am not anti-gun or against the military. I am pro-gun control. I am pro-background checks and waiting periods and mental healthcare support and reform. I am not anti-gun. I am pro-peace of mind.
- It’s not the motive. It’s the gun. – Without a mass killing device, a pathetic misogynist is just a pathetic misogynist. Without a mass killing device, an angry theocrat is just an angry theocrat, be it Christian or Muslim. Without a mass killing device, paranoid conspiracy theorists and trenchcoat-wearning kids are just disaffected outsiders.
It's not the motive. It's never about the motive. It's always about the gun.
- A Sandy Hook father’s urgent plea: America must do something about gun violence – My daughter was killed in one of the worst mass shootings in American history. When will the madness stop?
- George Will is an ugly little person, and the Washington Post owns him – George Will is such an ugly little person that it would take an analyst of the caliber of Alice Miller to figure him out. Whatever the cause of his perpetually pinched pettiness, the First Amendment guarantees Will's right to spew, and no one should deny the glory and strength of its so doing. Will is what he is, whatever he is, but his corrosive toxicity would be quarantined by its own epistemic closure if not for its being splashed into the public dialogue by one of the nation's most powerful media syndicates. Will is what he is, whatever he is, but only the Washington Post makes his problems a public problem.
- GOP Iraq Hypocrisy Hits Overdrive – Obama is ‘taking a nap’ as ISIS takes over? It was Boehner’s party that gave us this war, and it was Bush who negotiated the ‘peace.’ Is there anything they won’t play politics with?