- Video: ‘There Would Be No Fashion Without Immigration in this Country’ – Over at Fusion, Jorge Rivas paints a compelling portrait of how immigration has shaped American fashion. From Jewish designers like Donna Karen and Calvin Klein, whose parents worked as sewers and tailors in New York City's garment industry, to new designers like Alexander Wang and Jason Wu, immigrants have long helped shape America's visual culture.
- Cops Can’t Grab Your Cellphone Data Without a Warrant, Supreme Court Rules – A major privacy ruling comes after police fishing expeditions.
- Big Gay Rights News – The 10th Circuit Court of Appeals has just struck down Utah's gay marriage ban. That's the first federal appeals court to do so. A huge development.
The news came just moments after a federal judge separately struck down Indiana's gay marriage ban.
- Boehner’s attack on Obama’s executive orders ignores presidential history – When it comes to executive orders, Obama has so far been a model of executive restraint. Consider that as the political theater of Boehner's lawsuit plays out over the coming days and weeks. As John Hudak writes, "claims that President Obama is issuing more than his predecessors is just flat wrong—and continues to be a talking point completely at odds with real data."
- Boehner says he plans to come up with a reason to file lawsuit against Obama – Ah. So he's decided to sue the lawbreaker Obama. But he hasn't decided yet what laws Obama has broken. Obviously, it's because there are so freaking many.
- The Most Conservative Principle in American Politics – In a sane society, five innocent children wouldn't have been forced to confess to a horrible crime that they did not commit.
- The Central Park 5: ‘White in America’ Means Never Having to Say You’re Sorry in a Meaningful Way – In a sane society, five innocent children wouldn't have been forced to confess to a horrible crime that they did not commit.
- Thad Cochran wins with Mississippi’s black voters: African-Americans help defeat Chris McDaniel. – They saw Chris McDaniel for what he is: A classic Southern reactionary.