Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about, for June 30th from 11:36 to 11:55:
- 5 Ways DOMA’s Demise Changed The Finances Of Same-Sex Married Couples – One year later, the landmark Supreme Court ruling has had a momentous impact on the financial planning decisions of same-sex married couples
- Taking Care of Transgender Elders – Being transgender means one is more likely to suffer poverty, homelessness and criminalization. The violence carried out upon trans and gender non-conforming people lowers their life expectancy. But for those who do make it to middle age, there's little in the way of resources for housing, employment and healthcare.
- “A very ugly blame game”: How Great Recession is affecting people in totally unexpected ways – While the stock market can always bounce back and corporate profits can always recover, for millions of people who lost opportunities to build financial stability for themselves from which to help create a healthy, broader community, the social ills born from the Great Recession will last a lifetime.
- 15 Great Signs In Support Of Gay Marriage – In honor of Pride 2014, we've put together a great list of the 15 best signs created in support of same-sex marriage and other LGBT issues. Take a look below:
- The Republican “rebrand” is officially dead, and Republicans killed it – With immigration reform's demise, the GOP's plan to improve its image with Latinos has failed spectacularly