- Why I’m for the Brady Bill – The current level of gun violence must be stopped. Sarah and Jim Brady are working hard to do that, and I say more power to them.
- Did the NRA Know About Robert Dowlut’s Reversed Murder Conviction? – For all its bluster, the National Rifle Association also knows how to maintain a disciplined silence in the face of uncomfortable questions. Most notably, it went to ground in the wake of the Newtown school shooting in December 2012, resurfacing after a few days with bland talking points, followed by Wayne LaPierre's assertion that "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun." Perhaps it's not surprising, then, that in the week since I published an investigation into the complicated past of the NRA's top lawyer, the gun lobby has not responded.
- 4 groups of people conservative “compassion” is hurting – Paul Ryan's idea of "help" is doing irreparable harm to immigrant children, women who want abortions and more
- Robert Reich: The Ivy Leagues are a ludicrous waste of resources – The former secretary of labor on the myth of "paid-what-you're-worth" and how our money can be better spent
- Fox News Quiet After Congressional Report Finds No Benghazi Scandal – Fox News has gone silent on Benghazi amid reports that the House Intelligence Committee concluded that there was no intentional wrongdoing in the Obama administration's response to the 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya.
- Tea Party Hatred Of Obama Has Always Been About Race. ‘War on Whites’ Philosophy Confirms This. – The recent comment by Republican Congressman Mo Brooks about "the war on whites that's being launched by the Democratic Party" is the latest example of such racially charged hyperbole and highlights a political platform within the Tea Party. The Tea Party and staunch GOP conservatives have overtly proclaimed, in many instances, that President Obama's heritage should be verified and his motives questioned. Most importantly, the first African-American president has been painted as opposing the interests of white people, and while Glenn Beck has stated this verbatim, this sentiment has been a cornerstone of Tea Party politics.
- This is what happens when you elect a Republican. Don’t elect a Republican. by @DavidOAtkins – San Diego recently had a hard-fought mayoral election after Mayor Filner resigned in disgrace. The Republican won, though the city's demographics are slowly shifting in the other direction.
This is the result.