Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about, for September 3rd from 16:25 to 21:49:
- Confessions of a recovering Libertarian: How I escaped a world of Ron Paul hero worship – In the right hands, libertarianism could be a middle-of-the-road philosophy. Instead, here's what turned me away
- Temper Tantrums in the Air May Be Good For All Of Us – If this continues, perhaps airlines will start disabling the recline mechanisms in their seats once and for all. Just not worth the trouble. And once they've done that, some bright spark will figure out that they can reduce legroom even more. And then we'll all be worse off than before. No one will be able to recline and everybody will have their knees jammed into the seat in front of them. Something to look forward to.
- Images of Darren Wilson Surface Online – Media have reported that images of Wilson are hard, if not impossible, to come by. The Washington Post and the St. Louis Post Dispatch have speculated that Wilson deleted any social media accounts that he may have had. If that’s the case, the Ferguson police department’s decision to wait nearly an entire week before releasing Wilson’s name may have helped him remove his online presence. It’s unclear what internal protocols may have been in place, but Ferguson’s police department hasn’t been forthcoming with details about Wilson or the shooting itself.
- The newest triumph of anti-vaxxers: Measles is at a 20 year high – How many ways do we have to say it? Get your kid vaccinated.
- It’s time to destroy the trolls: Orange-fanged morons are choking the Internet – A brutally violent, hateful and sexist comment culture just keeps getting more out of hand. Time to say enough
- What Grover Norquist Got Wrong About Burning Man – Grover, if you agree, I promise to meet you outside the convention hall at the 2016 Republican National Convention in Cleveland at dusk on the last day of the event whereupon we will play some sick beats, get naked as possible (thongs?) and dance until sunrise. I’ll talk to Robot Heart about DJing. You talk to the Republican National Committee about making sure everyone packs out all their moop and travels only by foot, bicycle or mermaid/butterfly/church/etc. car.