Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about, for September 10th from 15:28 to 16:52:
- My name is Richard and I am an addict – an Apple addict | Richard Seymour | Comment is free | theguardian.com – The company exerts a tyranny over users and overcharges for its technology, yet the Apple Watch is going straight on my wish list
- I Have Gone Over to the Dark Side – I have gone over to the dark side. I've been on the edge for a while, playing passive-aggressive games with my copy editor, but I guess I might as well just fess up. I now routinely use they and them as gender-neutral singular pronouns.1
- Tonight’s PBS Special Makes The Most Powerful Argument For Vaccines Yet – Tonight, PBS's NOVA will air a strongly pro-vaccine special, called "Vaccines: Calling the Shots." If you care about science, it's something you should watch.
- Why We Need to Prosecute Our Torturers – Just when you thought Republicans couldn’t sink any lower, they ask Dick Cheney, the guy who screwed up Iraq, for advice on how to fix Iraq. Seriously, I’m not kidding.
- No Winners in Ray Rice’s Game – What happens behind closed doors—or rather, closing doors—does not always stay behind them. Not for Ray Rice, apparently.