Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about, for September 11th from 10:33 to 12:13:
- Not Ready To Love A Gay Child? Then Don’t Have Kids – Parents need to do better, says Amelia. Especially when it comes to their children coming out.
- A Gay Dad Responds To The Family Who Reacted Violently To Son’s Coming Out – hope and pray that you are not, in fact, cold loveless shells. Certainly, it appears that one or more of you deserves to be in jail right now for assault. Instead of looking for healing, you may launch into a further tirade of homophobia and tell us about the vengeful God that you emulate.
You will not need to preach to us about hell, however. We will see it in your eyes.
- Why I Married My Abuser – The world a victim lives in — a world of isolation and diminished self-esteem — is not so simple to undo.
- Why We Let Cops Get Away With Murder but Vilify Even the Best School Teachers – The underlying problem is a fundamental lack of resources, which turns poor communities into self-cannibalizing entities.
- If you think men should help decide if a woman gets an abortion, just shut up – Every once in a while, someone usually a man will ask if men should have a say in a womans decisions about abortion. So sure, guys, yammer away all you want. Its a free country.
But under no circumstances should men have any legal rights over womens pregnancies.