Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about, for September 17th from 15:18 to 15:25:
- Adrian Peterson and what our fathers did to us: we have not turned out fine – The toxic effect of discipline abuse, self-delusion or both is that you almost have to move on. But we can never move on. The way of the belt lasts lifetimes
- These Are The School Districts Around The Country With Military Supplies – A few states over from where Ferguson police used armored vehicles and weapons from the Department of Defense to quell protests after the shooting of an unarmed teen in August, a more surprising institution has its own stock of military supplies from the government: a school district.
- The Internet reportedly just passed a major landmark – There are now over 1 billion websites. In 1991 there was only one
- What NFL Star’s Scandal Reveals About Black vs. White Child-Rearing – Black parenting is often too authoritative. White parenting is often too permissive. Both need to change.
- In Some Countries, It’s Illegal To Hit Your Child. The U.S. Is Not One Of Them. – Thirty-five countries have outlawed corporal punishment, according to The Center for Effective Discipline, an organization that provides educational information on corporal punishment and alternatives, and more than 100 countries have banned corporal punishment in schools. The U.S. is not included in either group.