Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about, for September 23rd from 11:51 to 16:43:
- In a post-Ferguson world, Americans increasingly doubt the notion of colorblind justice – Today fewer than 4-in-10 (38 percent) of Americans say that blacks receive equal treatment under the criminal justice system. That's a ten percentage point drop from one year ago, when the public was evenly divided on the question.
- What Is It About Narcissism That Almost Everyone Doesn’t Understand? – The term "narcissist" gets thrown around more and more often these days, but it's a personality disorder that affects 1 in 3 people.
- Gun nuts meet their match: Why Gabby Giffords isn’t playing nice anymore – Ex-Rep. Gabrielle Giffords is facing criticism for her "mean" gun control ads. There's a very good reason for that
- The Politics of Stigma – If you had to describe Republican and Democratic Party coalitions in a single term, you could do worse than “stigmatized” versus “non-stigmatized.”
- Note to President Obama: GOP does not want to be your friend! – In vain attempt to curry favor with Republicans, president stands by right-wing nominee. A sad pattern has emerged
- ‘Greed’ Is the First Word That Comes To Mind When Americans Think About Corporations – For most Americans, apparently, the first word that comes to mind when they hear the word “corporation" is "greed."
- Why does a black butt only look good in white skin? – White women popularising what black women have always had is the latest example of the mainstream medias cultural appropriation
- Why Is This Mother in Prison for Helping Her Daughter Get an Abortion? – Unsurprisingly, in a conflict between abortion restrictions and the wellbeing of women, women lose.