Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about, for September 29th from 10:51 to 11:37:
- New Law Gives Trans Californians Respect After Death – A new law in California will prevent misgendering transgender people after death.
- Students of Jefferson County Colorado Give the Nation a History Lesson – When high school students in Jefferson County, Colorado walked out in protest against the right-wingers on the school board who purged their history curriculum of content they deemed "unpatriotic" they probably learned more in a week of direct action than they could learn in a year of going to class.
- Neoliberalism has brought out the worst in us | Paul Verhaeghe – An economic system that rewards psychopathic personality traits has changed our ethics and our personalities.
- Racism is so insidious, even black people underestimate it | Kali Holloway – Another day, another senseless killing. These days, firsthand experiences with covert racism make defensiveness not just understandable, but warranted.
- Why Do Americans Hate Beheadings But Love Drone Killings? – There are at least four main reasons that explain why Americans care far more about the beheadings (thus far) of two Americans and one U.K citizen, than they care — here's the polling — about the thousands of foreign victims of US drone bombing. Here's how people are likely being manipulated into believing that more US bombing is the answer to such terroristic killings even when almost all military experts have admitted that it won't work and "there's no military solution":