Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about, for October 24th from 12:20 to 12:29:
Contributor: The Battle for Gay Rights in Rural America – In my town, gays and lesbians can still be fired from their jobs and thrown out of restaurants.
- Real equality is when women have the right to be as drunk and stupid as men | Jessica Valenti – The freedom to have fun, make mistakes and participate in some youthful irresponsibility shouldnt be limited to boys
- Why conservatives prefer propaganda to reality – A new Pew study on America's media consumption offers a window into the right's collective mindset
- ‘My Wages Are Too High For Help But Too Low To Let Me Get Ahead’ – I fit into the place where my wages are too high for help, but too low to let me get ahead. My income after taxes is roughly $1,000 per two weeks. I've learned to juggle credit card debt around to make ends meet. I was debt-free up until companies learned to reduce staff or freeze wages to increase profits.
- Ferguson police violated human rights in response to protests: Amnesty International – Police in Ferguson, Missouri, committed human rights abuses as they sought to quell mostly peaceful protests that erupted after an officer killed an unarmed black teenager, an international human rights organization said in a report released on Friday.
- Got white privilege? Dear White People ‘insurance’ has you covered – When white privilege goes too far, it helps to have “racism insurance” in a sardonic promotional video from the makers of the new satirical comedy Dear White People.