Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about, for October 29th through November 3rd:
- The Republican faithful is comfortably dumb enough to worship at the bully pulpit | Jeb Lund – Chris Christie, Rick Scott and a bunch of old ladies walk into a museum on the eve of the US midterms. What happens next is everything wrong with the GOP
- Why Jesus Wouldn’t Cut It as a Pastor in Today’s Evangelical Megachurches – Jesus promoted empathy for everyone, while the actions of today's religious establishment undermine it.
- 10 Ridiculous T-Shirts for Gun Nuts That Will Make You Bang Your Head Against a Wall – Are these shirts funny, offensive, or just plain stupid?
- Why conservative Christians would have hated Jesus – Even as they profess to spread his word, fundamentalists are forgetting Jesus' most important message.
- Why Doesn’t a Cop Go to Jail for Shooting Mentally Ill Man 14 Times? – The Milwaukee police officer was fired, but the victim's family says that's not enough.