Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about, for November 11th from 12:45 to 13:05:
- Republican Gets Electoral Comeuppance for Sleazy Slur on Black Voters – A Texas GOP candidate thought it was cute to suggest that a Democrat's supporters bling out on food stamps. It wasn't.
- California Man Blames Obama After Running Over, Killing Black Man with His Pickup – “Just because we got Obama for a president, these people think they are real special,” defendant said after his arrest.
- Our soldiers are killing themselves: One simple gun control rule could help military suicide problem – The military has a suicide epidemic. This Veterans Day, let's take a real look at how to honor service and solve it
- Exit Polls and the Extrapolation Mistake – But now that the data are coming in, we're seeing just how it was Republicans won. It wasn't because they did such a terrific job of persuading people to support their dynamic agenda for change, it was because their voters came to the polls and the Democrats' voters didn't.
- The Republicans’ Reckoning – The “party of ‘no’ ” has no agreement on what is yes.
- Can black people really stop white people from using the n-word? | Rebecca Carroll – Piers Morgan believes that if rappers cleaned up their language, white people would stop using racial slurs. But black people dont have that kind of power
- Prisons Are Destroying Communities and Making All of Us Less Safe – Isolation does not “rehabilitate” people. Disappearance does not deter harm. And prison does not keep us safe.