Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about, for December 2nd from 16:02 to 16:09:
- Body Cams Are Not Enough; We Need to Stop Militarizing Police Forces – In response to recent events in Ferguson, MO, President Obama has decided that rather than stop arming cops with billions worth of military equipment, we just need train them to use the supplies better.
- Black Lawmakers Bring Ferguson Protest Symbol To House Floor – The Ferguson protests came to the House floor Monday night, when a group of black lawmakers raised their hands in the gesture that has come to symbolize the movement.
- Explained: What a grand jury does, and why the Darren Wilson case was unusual – Now that the grand jury has decided not to indict Officer Darren Wilson in the shooting death of Michael Brown, an unarmed 18-year old man, there remain many questions about this grand jury and generally about the use of grand juries in the United States.
- 5 reasons you should never submit to a police search — even if you have nothing to hide – You should be prepared just in case police become suspicious of you.
- 11 stupid reasons white people have rioted – White people riot all the time. Here’s a look at some of the dumbest reasons.