Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about, for February 2nd through February 6th:
- Why our chicken so often makes us sick – Layout selectors Default view
- Yes, ISIS Burned a Man Alive. White Americans Did the Same Thing to Thousands of Black People – The United States practiced a unique cultural ritual that was as least as gruesome as the "medieval" punishments meted out by ISIS against its foes.
- My pediatrician was an anti-vaxxer – This piece originally appeared on DAME. In 2006, when I found the family physician I’ll call Dr. Jessica, I couldn’t believe my good fortune. I was pregnant with my second child, and tired of my…
- “Don’t ask, don’t tell” is a lie: What Ashton Carter should be asked today – Before defense secretary pick is confirmed, he must pledge to fix a huge disgrace: How we treat transgender members.
- Football: An American tragedy – The nation's favorite pastime is a multibillion dollar industry—carried on the backs of men savaged by its violence.
- Eric Garner’s Only Crime Was Indignation. He Should Be Alive Today. – His offense had nothing to do with being a threat to anyone nor was he in the act of committing a crime. Had he been caught in the act of selling illegal cigarettes, Garner would have been arrested on the spot. But no, his transgression was simply an emotion and a sentiment that many Americans, both white and black, can relate to.