Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about, for February 18th through February 19th:
- Doctor Refuses to Treat Same-Sex Couple’s 6-Day-Old Baby – A flurry of state lawmakers are trying to pass “religious freedom” legislation that they say is necessary to stop the government from infringing on religious rights – but which would have the added effect of allowing businesses to discriminate. In Michigan, we're seeing exactly where this kind of ideology leads.
- You Know You’re a Bigot When… – You know you're a bigot when you can't take out the word "Muslim" from a sentence you stated and replace it with "Jew" and still have it be socially acceptable.
- Poll finds GOP candidates’ opposition to gay marriage a ‘deal-breaker’ even for Republican voters – The Republican 2016 candidates' lack of support for same-sex marriage was bound to be a drag on them in the general election. But Aaron Blake notes that a new poll has found it's even proving to be a liability with Republican primary voters in early voting states.
- WATCH: Attorney General Calls for Moratorium on Death Penalty – He called the possibility of killing an innocent person “inevitable.”
- When Your Armed Neighbor Comes Knocking – What kind of country do we live in, where it’s legal for a man to bring a weapon to a noise complaint? Or a parking dispute?