Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about, for February 25th through March 3rd:
- The people who could’ve prevented Tamir Rice’s death are the Cleveland police – Being a young black male made Rice a target of the police from the day he was born.
- “Words Can Kill” – Ex-U.S. Senator John Danforth (R) was the political mentor of Missouri State Auditor Tom Schweich (R), who committed suicide last week. In his eulogy today at Schweich's funeral, Danforth called out John Hancock, head of the state GOP, for the anti-Semitic whispering campaign which preceded Schweich's death.
- The Myth of Christian Persecution | Political Research Associates – Franklin Graham, son of famed evangelical Billy Graham and current president of both the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) and Samaritan’s Purse, is increasingly taking center stage in the Right Wing’s dramatization of “Christianity under siege”—part of a growing manipulation of religious liberty arguments to further blur the division between church and state.
- My libertarian vacation nightmare: How Ayn Rand, Ron Paul & their groupies were all debunked – My family and I traveled last month to a Honduras city known for its libertarian ideals. Here's what happened next
- Without Hate Crime, US Limited in Prosecuting Zimmerman – Without hate crime, US limited in prosecuting Zimmerman because he wasn't a police officer