- "The Rich Suffered More": The Worst Of Fox News' Poor-Shaming
Fox News is outraged that President Obama called out the network’s horrible record on covering poverty, insisting they are simply an "honest messenger." Media Matters looks back on the worst of Fox’s attacks on low-income Americans.
- Tom Brokaw: We Can't Fulfill America's Promise If We Are Blinded By Color
"Be the generation that sees a friend or a stranger for who they are, and not just for the color of their skin," Brokaw said. "We can never completely fulfill the promise of this treasured republic if we are blinded by color.”
- John Legend Responds To Conservatives Who Challenge African Americans On Racism
“We don’t want to talk about racism all the time. If it weren’t here, if we didn’t have to deal with it everyday, we would love for it not to be a subject of conversation,” Legend admitted. “We would love to just live our lives in equality and in justice for all. We would love that…but it’s killing our kids, it’s resulting in so much pain and suffering for our community so we have to bring it up.”
- The Reality of Surviving Exhausting, Desperation-Inducing Poverty
Poverty is a word loaded with preconceived notions, common misperceptions and seemingly innocuous assumptions. What the word does not do is delve below its surface meaning, into the reality of poverty — a world that no one wants to live in.
- Snapshots of a racist teacher: What a principal’s bigoted rant shows us about American education
An Atlanta principal shocked onlookers at a graduation with a stunningly offensive outburst. She is not an outlier.