Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about today.
- Op-Ed Columnist: Errors and Lies
The Iraq war, based on lies, was more than a mistake.
- Sorry, Jeb. Your Brother Did Create ISIS
W’s war of choice destabilized the region and laid the groundwork for today’s nightmare enemy
- Obama Says All People Deserve To Live Free Of Discrimination For International Day Against Homophobia
President Barack Obama said that LGBT rights "are human rights" in a statement released Saturday to commemorate the International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia.
- The ghosts of Baltimore: How plunder, violence and intimidation built a great American city
The Freddie Gray protests are merely the epilogue to a decades-long story of corruption and crippling inequality
- America has not thought remotely hard enough about the death penalty
We must think longer and harder about why we support (or don’t) the act of execution. Far too much is at stake.
- Why Dzhokhar Tsarnaev May Never Make It To The Death Chamber
A lengthy appeals process, as well as legal and technical complications with lethal injection, are just some of the factors that could prevent Tsarnaev, 21, from receiving the punishment the jury imposed.
- Are You One of Those People Who Opposes the Death Penalty, Except When the Criminals Are 'Monsters'?
There is no exception to the death penalty, why do we keep saying otherwise?
- B.B. King and our blatant racial revisionism: The South still denies the roots of “America’s music”
Southern states celebrating "America’s music" should remember the direct line between our original sin & the blues
- How Right-Wing Media Talk About Poverty In America
Right-wing media have a plan to solve the national crisis of poverty in America — and it’s all about "personal responsibility."