Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about today.
- Candidate Jim Bob Duggar in 2002: Those who commit incest should be executed
This was the same period in which his son Josh has confessed to having molested his younger sisters.
- Boy Scouts' Leader Says Ban on Gay Adults Not Sustainable
President of the Boy Scouts says longstanding ban on gay adults is no longer sustainable.
- Josh Duggar’s incomplete confession: “I acted inexcusably”
The family’s official statements only raise more questions as a scandal continues to grow.
- Founder of Josh Duggar’s ‘Treatment Center’ Left After ‘Sexually Grooming’ Teens and Young Women
The founder of a chain of Christian “treatment” centers Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar sent their eldest son to for molesting five girls — including his sisters — resigned in 2014 under a cloud of accusations that he had “sexually groomed” and harassed young women and teens in his ministry.
- Ireland is a kinder, fairer place after voting for same-sex marriage
The referendum was a victory for the old ideas of humane citizenship and societal empathy.
- Ireland Gay Marriage Vote Spurs Emotional Celebrations, In Photos
Ireland held a historic referendum on same-sex marriage on Saturday, with a resounding majority of voters backing legalization. The result makes Ireland the first country in the world to adopt gay marriage through popular vote.
- Here are 7 things people who say they’re ‘fiscally conservative but socially liberal’ don’t understand
Social and economic issues are deeply intertwined. …
- America cannot lock its poor in debtor's prisons to fund its police departments | Corrina Regnier
Local courts and municipalities – reliant on fines and fees as a source of revenue – are adopting aggressive collection practices that prey on the poor.
- Will We Ever See Justice for Freddie Gray?
Now that another killer cop has been acquitted in Cleveland, I’ll get straight to the point and answer the question posed by the title of this post about Baltimore’s Freddie Gray with a single word: No.