- Opinion: Welcome, Everyone, to the Right to Marry
It’s not for all of us, but at least now everyone has the right to the unique pleasures of married life.
- [toread] Clarence Thomas: Cruelty Incarnate?
I’m late at reading all the dissents to the 5-4 decision making marriage legal across the country for gays and lesbian, but Clarence Thomas said something so extraordinarily illogical and…
- Op-Ed Columnist: Supremes Hit a High Note
In only a few days, the justices had laudable rulings on gay marriage, national health care and the Fair Housing Act.
- Here's One Confederate Flag That Shouldn't Be Taken Down
In the wake of the tragedy in Charleston, South Carolina, one might not expect to see a Confederate battle flag solemnly hanging in the heart of New York City. But along with reflecting a history of hatred, racism, and violence, this particular flag—on display with tattered, red, white, and blue threads dangling—tells a different story.
- America is changing, and marriage equality is a huge victory — but we need to go so much further
It wasn’t judges or politicians who made this breakthrough happen — it was the people. Now we must demand more
- Langston Hughes Warned Us About Trolls Like Don Lemon
In "The Fun of Being Black," Hughes lampoons the absurd accusation that black people are race-baiters who enjoy "contemporary white-Negro batttles." But based on his latest antics, Lemons actually embodies the kind of person Hughes was writing about.