- Let’s kick God off the Court: Marriage isn’t the only place where the law has been infected by religion
It will take generations to do what Pat Buchanan fears: Purge the nation’s birth faith of power. It’s a worthy goal.
- Why Knowing Your Rights is Not Enough, Why You Should Avoid Police Altogether
Police will lie, cheat, steal and treat you like even more of a criminal for asserting your rights and questioning them legally.
- [toread] As Fox News Mourns, the Rest of Us Have an Independence Day to Celebrate
July 4 has always been a time for aggrieved progressives to remind the world that most Americans weren’t liberated on that first Independence Day. Enslaved Africans; dispossessed native…
- [toread] Police Celebrate 4th Of July With Nationwide No Refusal Checkpoints and Forced Blood Draws
Happy 4th of July, the day where Americans celebrate imaginary freedom, and police departments nationwide make millions of dollars violating the rights of nonviolent individuals. Under the pretense…
- [toread] Barbecue is an American tradition – of enslaved Africans and Native Americans | Michael W Twitty
Nigerian style barbecue held in Kensington on 19/05/01 Photograph: Andy Hall for the Observer Barbecue is a form o
- [toread] To Whom Does the Fourth of July Belong?
What is the meaning of the Fourth of July? Across this nation — at family cookouts and under ostentatious firework displays — Americans celebrate the birth of this nation with a holiday regarded as…