Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about today.
- [toread] Caitlyn Jenner's Transition Changes Everything — And It Changes Nothing
Caitlyn Jenner’s recent transformation and Vanity Fair cover changes everything — and it changes nothing.As an African-American transgender woman, I’ve experienced all sorts of emotions following…
- [toread] Paula Deen Tweets Disturbing Photo Of Son In Brownface
Redneck, racist idiot Paula Deen just doesn’t get it, does she? No matter what the personal (and professional) cost, she continues to make stupid mistakes in regards to sensitivity about…
- [toread] Bill Cosby’s career is finished black America: Let it die
In this Nov. 6, 2014 file photo, entertainer Bill Cosby pauses during a news conference. Cosby admitted in a 2005 deposition that he obtained Quaaludes with the intent of using them to have sex with…
- The plague of angry white men: How racism, gun culture & toxic masculinity are poisoning America in tandem
Dylann Roof is just the latest in a long line of men clinging to dangerous ideology that spiraled out of control.
- Rand Paul, dorm room philosopher: Why his “slavery” nonsense is so outrageous
Paying taxes makes you a slave, says a grown man running for the most powerful office in the world.
- Colorado's Birth Control Success Sheds Light On Debate In Congress
Providing teenagers with free, long-acting methods of contraception can cut their birth and abortion rates nearly in half, according to a yearslong experiment conducted by the the state of Colorado.
- No, the Bible doesn’t say anything about gay marriage: A history lesson for the Christian right
A South Carolina lawmaker’s unhinged anti-equality rant went viral today. Here’s everything he got wrong.
- The Vast Majority of America's Elected Prosecutors Are White Men
A study released on Tuesday reveals a glaring lack of diversity among America’s elected prosecutors.
- SC Senate votes to remove Confederate flag. Is support for the flag vanishing?
The South Carolina Senate voted 36-3 to remove the Confederate flag from flying in front of the State House.