Here are some of the people writing about some of the stuff I wish I had time to write about today.
- The Next LGBT Battle: Sex Ed
Recognizing the dearth of sexual health information for LGBT students, two prominent organizations are pushing for schools to evolve with the times.
- News Flash: Native American Council Offers Amnesty to 240 Million Undocumented Whites
Native American Council Offers Amnesty to 240 Million Undocumented Whites The Native American National Council will offer amnesty to the estimated 240 million illegal white immigrants living in the United States.
- If you say being gay is not African, you don’t know your history | Bisi Alimi
The idea that homosexuality is ‘western’ is based on another western import – Christianity. True African culture celebrates diversity and promotes acceptance.
- White Supremacy Is Alive and All Too Well
Notwithstanding the hard-won gains of the 1960s, race relations in 21st-century America are still characterized by white supremacy.
- Fox News panel concludes that Kim Davis’ lawyer is ‘ridiculously stupid’
A panel of legal experts on Fox News came to the conclusion on Monday that Kim Davis’ attorney, Mat Staver, was “ridiculously stupid” for asserting that the Supreme Court did not have constitutional authority to strike down same-sex marriage bans.
- GRAPHIC: Debunking The ‘War On Police’
Conservative politicians and commentators are claiming that a recent spate of cop killings means police officers are being “hunted” thanks to the rhetoric of the Black Lives Matter movement, which criticizes racist policing. One cop even faked his own shooting amid the hubbub, triggering a city-wide manhunt. But despite the fearmongering headlines, the historical trend shows otherwise.
- The Nightmare Since 9/11 — 14 Years of War, Torture and Kidnappings
Over a decade later, we’ve learned nothing and gotten infinitely more barbaric.